Ticket Price covers 2 person team. Door Prizes Food & Drink Specials Partners Only- No solo Entries Double Elimination Tournament. You must lose 2 games before you are eliminated from the
Ticket Price covers 2 person team.
- Door Prizes
- Food & Drink Specials
- Partners Only- No solo Entries
Double Elimination Tournament. You must lose 2 games before you are eliminated from the tournament
SPADES TOURNAMENT RULES & REGULATIONS
• BE ON TIME
You will be allotted 10 minutes to get to your seat. After 10 minutes you will forfeit the game. No refund will be issued.
• THE FIRST TEAM TO SCORE 250 POINTS IN 30 MINUTES WINS
If no one has reached 250 in 30 minutes the team with the highest scores wins.
• NO SWITCHING PARTNERS
If one of the team members is unable to play the team forfeits.
• THE DEALER IS CHOSEN BY WHO PULLS THE HIGHEST CARD FROM DECK
• NO DISPLAYING/TURNING OVER OF CARDS during the dealing or cutting process.
• BOARD/MINIMUM BID IS FOUR
A team is penalized by 100 point deduction for accumulating 10 or more sandbags/overages during the course of the game.
• NO BLIND BIDDING
• NO PASSING SPADES TO PARTNERS
• NO THROWING YOUR HAND IN (No spades does not get you a re-deal)
If you are caught reneging (not following the card suit when you have the suit) the other team gets 3 of your books. These books will not count as sandbags for the other team.
• NO CHEATING
Spoken or by a gesture. If cheating is suspected please inform
the tournament judge immediately. A 75 point penalty or termination from the tournament is feasible.
DOMINOS TOURNAMENT RULES & REGULATIONS
• CHANGING PARTNERS is not permitted.
• COUNTS must be called orally before the next person plays, draws, or passes. (Either partner may call count.)
• SCORING will be done in multiples of 5 (250 points per game).
• MATCH is best 2 out of 3 (including finals).
• SINGLES MATCHES will be played one-on-one with each player drawing 7 dominoes. Both players are responsible for checking on underdraws or overdraws before play begins. A 50 point penalty will be imposed.
• DREW AND COULD PLAY will mean a 50 point penalty or the amount in your hand, whichever is greater.
• OVER-DRAWING THE HAND IN DOUBLES is a 50 point penalty if the dominoes are turned up. If drawn
out but not turned up, the player with less than 7 will draw from the hand of the one overdrawing.
• PASSED AND COULD PLAY is a 50 point penalty, the game stopped at that point and the next person will go down.
• NO CHEATING by word, deed, or action trying to transfer information to your partner. Any suspected cheating should be called to the attention of the floor judge immediately, not after the game or hand. A 50 point penalty or expulsion from the tournament could result.
• FIRST TO GO DOWN is determined by shuffling the dominoes and drawing. High draw wins the down.
The person to the right of the downer will shuffle each time. If the downer is not satisfied with the shuffle, he may ask for a reshuffle. Players will draw in order. Only the downer will turn his dominoes up. He will place his choice face down and the person to his right will turn it face up. Dominoes in each hand will remain face down until it is your turn to play. (Player #2 plays before #3 and #4 look at their dominoes, etc).
• DO NOT REARRANGE, FLASH, OR PICK UP DOMINOES once all 7 have been turned up in your hand. A warning will be given for the first infraction of this rule. (Call a judge to issue the warning.) If repeated, a 25 point penalty can be imposed by a judge. Once a domino clears the table, it is considered played.
• NO REDRAW OR RESHUFFLE due to voids in suits or too many doubles.
• ALL DOMINOES NOT IN THE SHUFFLE is the responsibility of all players. If some are accidentally left out, they will be returned to the deck and reshuffled. If intentionally left out, refer to a judge for a ruling.
• DOMINOES EXPOSED during the shuffle will be reshuffled. Dominoes exposed while drawing a hand will be accepted by the person exposing it.
• MISPLAYED DOMINO, if caught before the next person plays or passes, will be played elsewhere on the table, if it will play. If it will not play, it will be turned face-up on the table and played at the first opportunity by the person making the error. Prior to the next play, the player with turned-up domino must play or pass. If the misplayed domino is not caught before the next person passes or plays, it will stand as a played domino.
• IF WRONG DOUBLE IS PLAYED ON FOR SPINNER and is not caught before the next player plays or passes, then that double stands as the spinner. If the wrong play is caught before the next player plays or passes, Rule #19 will apply.
• IF PLAYED OUT OF TURN, a domino will be left face-up on the table and played at the first opportunity.
• A BLOCKED GAME in singles results only after all the dominoes have been drawn and neither player can play. In both singles and doubles, the lowest number of points, get the points in the opponent’s hand(s). (In the case of a tie, no one gets the points.)
(Friday) 8:00 pm - 11:59 pm
3825 Fifth Ave San Diego, CA 92103